Monday 17 August 2009

Another beach day

Another reason I liked our holiday was that Scott and I seldom got out of bed till about 10am. (I got through 5 1/2 books on holiday, including Jane Eyre which I've never actually read before), then we'd potter round till about 11, pack up some 'pain, fromage & jambon' for lunch and be on our way somewhere. Lots of spare time was spent on bikes - exploring the hundreds of farm tracks that connect through the countryside round about.
On Monday 3rd August we went to 'the island beach'. It was a bit cloudy so we didn't go in the water - just had fun digging a trench and burying Scott in it.On the way back, we stopped off at the Menhirs (standing stones) at Carnac. We've been there before, but wanted to go up the look-out tower that is there. I thought the kids looked like little blonde standing stones in this picture.

No comments: