Tuesday 22 June 2010

Firsts

Busy day but Harry has had some firsts. In between quilting group, playgroup, school runs, two visiting teaching visits, taking the kids to the library and sorting out the banking in town, I helped Harry learn to ride a bike - not that he needed much teaching. He was indignant that his friend Oliver turned up at playgroup riding a bike, and that he couldn't ride one. I said Oliver had just practised lots, so Harry put in some concerted effort and can now ride a bike! I was so proud of him - he fell off and scraped himself loads, but kept trying, inspite of getting really frustrated at times (and being in quite a grotty mood for a fair bit of today.)At bedtime Harry asked if he could say his prayer (I normally say one out loud for him). He said a lovely prayer, saying thank you that he could have food and a house and learn to ride a bike. It's the first prayer he's ever said on his own.
He just seemed so grown up and pleased with his achievements, that I got a lovely hardbacked notebook out my stash and gave it him for his first journal. He wrote the date, and dictated the rest to me. He's very proud of the guilt pages and attached bookmark!
Everyone else is OK, except poor old Jack who was sick at bedtime. Not sure if it's a bug, or just the heat.
Never a dull moment!

No comments: