Friday 16 October 2009

I am enjoying the peace and quiet of all the kids at school. I'm back in bed! Lucy was all upset last night with last minute homework and Jack was up half the night with mouth ulcers on his tongue, and a mysterious sore chin. I took Tom to school, Harry to playgroup - helped out there a bit (I am now the Playgroup Daily Rep, as of last night's AGM - which is a good thing - it means Harry can go straight in, in the mornings instead of hanging around for 15 minutes being a nuisance), then I took Jack to the chemist to get him something for his tongue. I gave him an icepack last night to lick, but that didn't do much good! So he's at school too now... hahhhhh!
Also this morning I see that I am finally back to my normal weight - only 17 months after my last pregnancy! (It only took 2 weeks after Lucy!!)
I'm visiting a couple of my nice Visiting Teaching ladies this afternoon (not that I visit any ladies that aren't nice) - the message we are sharing this month about nurturing children is here. I like these quotes from it best:

Julie B. Beck, Relief Society general president: “To nurture means to cultivate, care for, and make grow. … Nurturing requires organization, patience, love, and work. Helping growth occur through nurturing is truly a powerful and influential role bestowed on women”

President Gordon B. Hinckley (1910–2008): “Never forget that these little ones are the sons and daughters of God and that yours is a custodial relationship to them, that He was a parent before you were parents and that He has not relinquished His parental rights or interest in these His little ones. … Rear your children in love, in the nurture and admonition of the Lord. Take care of your little ones. Welcome them into your homes, and nurture and love them with all of your hearts. They may do, in the years that come, some things you would not want them to do, but be patient, be patient. You have not failed as long as you have tried”

... then let the weekend begin!

1 comment:

Anna said...

Thanks for the sleep! The barbie cake is in the oven...