Sunday 29 November 2015

Josselin, and a Perfect Beach Day (20th & 21st August 2015)

We went for a walk around Josselin on Thursday 20th August (and the obligatory run up the bell tower). There were crowns and bunting hung up around the place. Mum thinks it's something to do with a Pardon at the beginning of September, but I couldn't find anything about it when I looked it up.

On Friday 21st, we had a wonderfully perfect beach day. We knew it was going to be good weather, so managed to get to the beach at Sarzeau by 10am. The car park was empty! There were a couple of people in the middle part of the beach (including a girl playing a trumpet!) but we went along the path on the left, and had that part of the beach to ourselves.

The kids picking a spot.

We had taken flippers, the noodle floats, lunch, life jackets, inflatable Ferrari, towels etc - all the usual rubbish!
The kids dumped their stuff and made straight for the sea.

Lovely!

Our little camp, once I had straightened it up a bit!


Lucy found a nice little crater...

Jack starting a digging project.

Tom and Harry literally spent about 5 hours playing like this in the sea! Everyone was just so happy!
I put some flippers on, and swam along the shore up to the marker stick a little way along. Really good exercise for my legs!

Jack testing the strength of the sand above his tunnel.

Joining up tunnels!

When we finally left some time after 3pm, the car park had filled up somewhat! There were queues of cars still driving into the car park. I don't understand why the French come to the beach so late in the day! I had a hard time getting along the road - the French seem to be less polite drivers - one old guy had a go at me, saying I could drive nearer my side of the road (I couldn't - there were small wooden stumps there) when all it would have taken was for him to reverse a short way and let me out, rather than force his way through. It upset me a bit, but not for long, because it was too nice a day!

No comments: