Sunday, 11 July 2010

Week in Pictures

Seems like we fitted lots into the rest of the week.
On Wednesday I went out for a run just before 7am (only time I could do it that day), had my hair cut (and curled by my hairdresser who likes to have a play after she's cut it!), then in the afternoon I took Harry over to the church farms to pick black currents at the Larsen's house - Linda had rung me earlier in the week to say they were ready. Harry and I picked 4.5 lb - quite a few! We also went up to the old church on the hill to watch the trains, and I wished I had my camera with me - it was such a gorgeous day. Made black current cordial when we got back, but it was a bit yuck, and we made an enormous mess everywhere.
Also on Wednesday, Scott found out that his boss has got a new job. This has big implications for him and his work place, and lots of unknowns.
In the evening Lucy and I were going back to the Larsen's house for a Relief Society and Young Women's bar-b-que, so we stopped off at the church again on the way, took pictures, and had a great time together! The bar-b-que was lovely - gorgeous surroundings and weather, and lots of good friends and food. I love it round here. This is the very first place we came to in this area - at the end of this lane is where Scott and I came for the job interview for his first proper job - the reason we moved here. It's also the lane we lived down for the whole summer I was pregnant with Lucy.Lucy and her friend Abigail, at the bar-b-que. On Thursday night I went out again, this time to one of the local village's quilting groups, for the first time. I lowered the average age quite substantially, but had a great evening chatting with everyone, and killing myself laughing at some of the ladies reminiscing about being at Aquafit in the local pool one time, and creating a tidal wave with their exercises which flooded the reception area!

On Friday Harry had another enjoyable visit to his new school, and in the afternoon, Scott rang up from work to say he was just leaving, and for us to be ready for a water fight! Jack who has been getting into origami recently, quickly made paper water bombs, and taught Lucy how to as well. They made all kinds of rules up for a game, which kept things ticking over so well they were busy till nearly bed time. Jack trying to tip a cup of water down Harry's trunks... And lastly, eating baked potatoes whilst sitting in puddles.
Friday evening I went to book club, and enjoyed walking with one friend to another friend's house in the next village, in the cooler evening air. Had a pleasant time, then strolled back at about midnight. Lovely.

Yesterday we went on a coach with some of our ward to the London Temple (actually in Surrey). I went in to do temple work, while Scott stayed with the kids, had a picnic in the beautiful grounds, and lost my camera (- later found next to a bush off round the pond... not that I was too worried - I would just have to have bought a new and far more expensive one...)
I think Lucy enjoyed hanging out with all the youth, and later buying up the contents of the Distribution Centre!Love this one of our boys.Lucy and her friend, Sophie.
After the temple trip I prepared my lesson for Relief Society today, and then went for a run. I've managed to do all 4 runs that I was supposed to do this week on my training schedule.

Today after church we just had a quiet time, and enjoyed watching a couple of DVDs that Scott's Dad gave us. Great seeing the kids as babies (very fat babies in Lucy's case!), and all our old houses. Life is going by.

No comments: