Wednesday 15 April 2009

Looks like this is going to be a very boring gardening blog from now on...

Another day of digging in the garden yesterday - our extra 2 tonnes of soil came, and we filled the 2ND raised bed, planted the onion sets, plus Lucy and I dug out a big trench that will be for runner beans, and filled it with compost, then dug out some more in front of the shed for more rhubarb. I also made a step in front of the shed, from really nice, old smooth bricks we've found around the garden (it's in picture above - I really like it!). More digging then - some grotty grass that I then returfed. The problem with all the digging is that it's in horrible clay - really hard work. I'm starting to get fed up of digging now... Scott's back at work today for a break. We'll have to do a bit more yet though, because the kids and I went into town today and I bought some raspberry and blackcurrant plants...
Better clear up the house now for Mum, Dad and Grandma coming tomorrow!
I am loving the whole gardening thing - even if nothing grows! ( Quite likely, due to the boys habit to play football in the garden - the plants will get v. squashed if the habit carries on!) Lucy

No comments: