Monday 4 April 2011

Plays, Cleaning, Clothes & Conference

Seems like it's been a busy week again - Tom had his school play a couple of evenings last week 'Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs', in which he was one of the trees/mirrors. I loved it, and loved seeing Tom singing and dancing, and watching his beautiful, intent little face. (The pictures of him aren't great I'm afraid, as I've cropped the photos a lot, to not include other kids.)
Also in our evenings this week, Scott went Home Teaching, our Home Teachers came, and I went to book club at Ryann Murphy's. Susannah was telling us all about a course she has done, which personality profiles you, then helps you know what clothes/hairstyles etc to choose. This seemed to capture our imaginations, with us trying to figure out our 'types' from the book Susannah has ...fun! I also embarked on a 3 day clear-up, in preparation for a clothes-swap party held at my house on Friday night; scrubbing cupboards, window frames and various ignored corners, and generally getting sorted out. I'm certainly glad I did, though it wasn't really necessary for the party, considering the amount of clothes that ended up everywhere! There were about 17 of us at the party, and I really enjoyed it, and I think everyone took home things they liked. We also carried on our discussion about our 'types' according to Susannah's book!

These are the clothes left over AFTER the party, the next morning! Lucy had a great time going through them, and picked herself out a whole new wardrobe!On Saturday, I went with Lucy to Northampton for a showing of the Young Women's General Conference. We had prepared a lunch beforehand, and quite a few girls and their Mums came from around the Stake, and I think we had a really lovely time together. I didn't feel well though, with a temperature/cold coming on, but managed to survive till I could get home to bed. Scott had taken the boys out for the day to Grimes Graves, where they put on hard hats and climbed down into a cavern. His injuries are healing up OK, though he is pretty scabby looking!


Yesterday we travelled (along with several bin bags of clothes for Mum's charity shop!) to Nottingham, to watch more sessions of General Conference there. I didn't feel great still, but didn't need to do anything, so that was fine. Enjoyed seeing all the family (except John & Hannah who didn't come down). Got to congratulate my brother-in-law Dan, who passed the finals of his medicine degree last week! Well done to the now Doctor Dan!!

1 comment:

Juli Poulton said...

That photo makes me feel so much better, our back room looks like that most days of the week!